Welcome to this brand new childhood tag, I love tags, I find them fantastic for getting to know other bloggers and learning new things about each other and this one is for the parent bloggers of the world, because lets face it, there aren’t many of these floating about that are for us lonely parent bloggers trying to make some waves in the world. I was tagged by the lovely Sarah from Mummy Cat Notes.
The childhood tag has been created by The Mulberry Bush which is a fantastic little shop full of wonderful wooden toys and who support and love parent bloggers too.. but enough of my ramblings..
~ QUESTIONS ~
1. What were you not expecting/not prepared for before becoming a parent?
I thought that my life would not change! I know it sounds ridiculous now, but I thought I would continue in my career and Freddie would fit round me!! I am even laughing writing this, he is now 8 and my entire life revolves around him. I wouldn’t change that for the world.
2. What is your main piece of advice for new parents?
Do what you think is best for your child, and don’t listen to anyone else.
3. How do you encourage family time at home?
Freddie’s daddy works away in the week, so weekends we spend together doing things we love. Although a lot of that at the minute is rugby training on a Friday night and swimming, Saturday Freddie now goes to theatre school for 3 hours, and Friday mornings he has another rugby session!!!
4. How do you balance being a blogger with parental duties?
I tend to only write when Freddie is at school or in bed. Or actually like now when he has a friend round.
5. What was your favourite toy growing up?
Oh I don’t know (it was a long time ago!!) I remember playing a lot of sports and going out with friends.
6. Have you kept any of your toys from childhood?
No, but I am not overly sentimental about possessions.
7. What are your children’s favourite toys?
This pretty much changes weekly, he however has always enjoyed cards, either playing cards or trading cards, playing with Lego figures, reading, but mainly he would rather just play with his mates.
8. Do you actively limit the amount of screen time your kids have?
Hmm, yes I do for example unless he has a play date he is not allowed to play computer games in the week. But he does watch TV for about half an hour in bed with me in the morning, and after school he needs about half an hour to just relax.
9. How do you reduce plastic waste in your home? – Reusable bottles, buying wooden toys, avoiding excessive food packaging, etc.?
I am not great at this to be honest. I recycle everything though as we have a massive recycling bin that takes wine bottles, plastic etc.
10. What advice would you give to parents who want to start blogging?
Don’t do it!! No only kidding I love it, but it is so much more hard work than I ever had imagined, and sometimes quite soul destroying when you get next to no views on a post that you have worked your butt off on!
~ I TAG ~
Hayley at Winging it With Two Boys