Last Updated on
These printable Christmas treasure hunt clues are the perfect way to start the festivities this year. Simply print out the Christmas scavenger hunt clues, and hide them throughout your house. Then let your loved ones follow the clues to a gift or surprise at the end! Treasure hunts should not just be for the Easter Bunny, why not enjoy this at Christmas time too. I mean who wouldn’t love a Christmas present treasure hunt from Santa or the Elf on the Shelf?
Check out my Ultimate Christmas planning master list with over 100 posts to make sure you have the best Christmas ever!
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the affiliate links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Treasure Hunt Clues
These 12 treasure hunt clues are all inspired by the most popular Christmas songs. So as you or your kids are reading them out I hope you have a little sing-song too!!
Christmas Treasure Hunt Clues
If you’re simply looking to set up a treasure hunt with riddles, there really isn’t much you’ll need.
- Printable Christmas Treasure Hunt clues (get them at the bottom of this post)
- Pen and paper (to remember where you put the clues!!)
- Gift for the end of the treasure hunt
How to set up the Christmas Treasure Hunt
Setting up the Christmas treasure hunt is easy. Just follow the instructions below for a quick setup!
- Print out the treasure hunt clues (get the free printables below), I recommend printing on white card to make the cards a bit more durable and then you can keep them for years to come. Although they work just as well on paper.
- Cut out the clues. I purposely didn’t number them so you can do what is best for your house.
- Get a sheet of paper and answer the clues from the 12 treasure hunt clues. Then organise it in such a way that the clues are all in different rooms. Write the number on the back of each clue so when you are hiding the clues you don’t get confused.
- Hide all of the clues, and remember to put a gift or a treat after the last clue.
How the Christmas Scavenger Hunt Works
Now that the treasure hunt clues have been set up, completing the scavenger hunt is even easier!
Simply give the first treasure clue card to the children and let them follow the clues to the end.
If you are doing this with multiple children, there are two fun ways you can do it:
- Split them into teams, and the first team goes but makes sure once the clues have been read they put them back where they found them. (It is always best to check afterwards though) And you time to see which team completed it first.
- All the kids go round together and they take it in turns to work out where the next clue is.
Print out the Christmas Treasure Hunt Clues
If you enjoyed this one, why not have a look at other Christmas scavenger hunts here.